Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Humanities) (Undergraduate degree) - 2005.
Bachelor of Social Welfare (Undergraduate degree) - 2005.
Master of Social Work - PQ (Postgraduate degree) - 2014.
Medicare Provider in Australia.
Approved Victims Services counsellor in NSW.
Hello, I'm Bec - an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. I provide online and telephone counselling to people all over Australia. I am a Medicare provider and approved Victims Services counsellor.
If you are feeling stuck in a pattern that is no longer working for you or you would like to feel safe again after experiencing trauma in your life - it would be a pleasure to meet with you. I listen non-judgementally and respect where you are in your journey.
Stress can take many forms and shows up in different ways. This is one of the reasons I am a person-centred counsellor. I believe in your unique ability to heal and will take time to get to know you and learn about your goals for counselling. Having a genuine interest in the mind-body connection, I will invite you to be curious about the way your nervous system has helped you to survive through times of stress or trauma. Together, we can explore ways that may help bring your nervous system into a calm state.
Telehealth counselling with me may help if you -
* Have experienced trauma such as child abuse or neglect (recently or historically when you were a child).
* Have experienced domestic violence or sexual assault as an adult.
* Are located in a remote area/have limited transport options.
* Would like to access services through the Victims Services support scheme in NSW.
* Have low self esteem, negative body image or issues associated with an eating disorder.
* Have experienced conflict about making a difficult decision (e.g. ending a relationship or terminating a pregnancy).
* Want help with mental health related symptoms.
* Are looking for a short term telehealth counsellor while you are on a waiting list to see a preferred in-person counsellor.